Monday, March 3, 2008

Make a budget and stick to it!

If you want to save money, I truly believe you MUST have a budget. Without a budget to stick to, you can easily spend more money than you think. You don't need to be an accountant to put a budget together either! Just make it simple. Gather all your expenses and enter each one into a spreadsheet. Subtract them from your Revenue and make necessary changes to fit you. I include all my known expenses, which is anything that stays the same month over month. This includes my cable, Internet, insurance, etc. For other things such as gas or food, I make an educated guess, based on previous history and buffer in a few extra dollars to be safe.

Another thing I would try to avoid is using Interact or Debit cards to pay for your purchases. If my food allowance for a week was $100, it's much easier to keep track of this if I keep the cash on hand so I know what is left each time I go to the grocery store. If I use Debit, I find it a lot easier to lose track and over spend!

Put a budget together ASAP and I'll bet it will be much easier to manage your money. Good Luck.

1 Comments:

At August 9, 2019 at 6:26 AM , Blogger dealmecoupon said...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=1889607258986182766&postID=5280871787988414575&page=1&token=1565346359960&isPopup=true

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home